About our Town
Philippolis, Free State
Waterkloof Brewery, by Pierre Jacobs where you can visit “Pierre se winkel” have a beer and gaze at the stars and relax in a safe and walking environment. Waterkloof Brewery is 6km away from Anker Guesthouse meaning you have so much to do and do not have to go far.
Monuments and tourist attractions
Emily Hobhouse memorial
The Philippolis Jail
Old Dutch Reformed Church
Adam Kok House
Other declared heritage sites in the area
• Philippolis library Philippolis.
• The property with the Old Victorian Library building thereon, Voortrekker Street
• The property with the Dwelling-house thereon, 24 Tobie Muller Street
• The property with the Dwelling-house thereon, being certain Portion “C” of Erf 97, Tobie Muller Street
• The property with the Dwelling-house and adjoining building thereon, 26 Kok Street
• 26 Kok Street dwelling house Philippolis.
• The property, together with the Karoo styled Dwelling-house thereon, 4 Justisie Street
• The Old Pound, together with a portion of surrounding land, being 5 metres on the northern and western side of the structure, the land on the eastern site to and bordered by Justisie Street and the land on the southern side thereof to and bordered by Erf 129, Philippolis.
• The property, together with the Victorian House thereon, 7 Colin Fraser Street (Amended declared in 1990.
• The historic Old Power Magazine, together with 10 metres of surrounding land, situated on Subdivision 20 of the Town Lands of Philippolis 143, declared in 1991.
• The wagon house adjacent the Victorian House together with the property on which they are situated, at 6 and 7 Colin Fraser Street, declared in 1990.